The 2013 BIO International Convention will be held April 22-25 in Chicago, Illinois. MRUN and the Illinois Science and Technology Coalition have partnered with BIO to bring several Midwest universities together on the show floor to help mark the 20th anniversary of the event. Please come and visit us in the Academic Zone in the Exhibit Hall. The Academic Zone opens on Monday, April 22, at Noon and concludes on Thursday, April 25, at Noon. If you were at BIO in Boston in 2013 you may have seen the beta version of the Academic Zone – check it out this year and see some big improvements.
- 1×1 partnering activity is running strong – universities are able to take advantage of the BIO partnering program in an affordable turn-key package. With university tech transfer and research collaboration people concentrated together, biotech and pharma companies can better connect with the programs they seek, but may also find unexpected solutions through serendipitous collisions as they browse in the Zone (see below to view Academic Zone layout and University Locations).
- BIO has partnered with AUTM for a “meetup” wine & cheese reception scheduled for Tuesday, April 23, at 4:00pm. Please join us and meet others from MRUN as well as from universities and venture philanthropy orgizations. For more information here’s a link: http://www.meetup.com/BIO-
- AstraZeneca/MedImmune are generous supporters of the Academic Zone. Their senior leadership (heads of research and business development) will be in the Zone for meet & greets on Monday, April 22, at 2:00pm. Executives include MedImmune’s Bahija Jallal, PhD, EVP of R&D and AstaZeneca’s Mene Pangalos, PhD, EVP of Innovative Medicines. Please take advantage of this opportunity to connect with senior management of these leading pharma companies.
- AstraZeneca/MedImmune will also be hosting some interesting therapeutic sessions within their exhibit booth, which is adjacent to the Academic Zone. Their R&D leadership will present on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10am and 2pm.
- Other Midwest universities participating in the Academic Zone include University of Illinois, Northwestern University, University of Chicago, Illinois institute of Technology University of Wisconsin-Madison, Northern Illinois University, as well as Argonne National Labs.
BIO’s Alliance PavilionClick to View Rendering
Alliance Reception and Welcome Desk
Academic Zone side view, meeting rooms are to the rear
Academic Zone Layout and University LocationsClick to View Rendering